Why travel to Tassie?
Here are just a few reasons to visit.
1. It’s easy to travel to Tassie from the major Australian capital cities, yet it feels like a world away.
2. When you arrive, it’s also easy to get around, with good roads and transport options available.
3. Over 40 per cent of our spectacular state is protected in national parks, conservation areas and reserves and there are many ways to explore our environment - from short walks to multi-day hikes, or on a mountain bike, motorbike, in a car or a campervan.
4. We’ve become famous for the Museum of Old and New Art (MONA), Australia’s largest privately funded museum, housing ancient curiosities to contemporary art.
5. And there’s always something on in Tassie with renowned events such as the Taste of Tasmania, Targa, Dark Mofo and Mona Foma, as well as smaller festivals and markets throughout the year.
All these things considered, it’s no wonder that Tassie was visited by more than 1.3 million domestic and international visitors in 2017-18.
From a short 3 day trip - where you can get a taste of what the state has to offer in a single region, to an extended 14 day tour - taking in the natural beauty on a long hike, sampling regional epicurean delights, reliving history on a colonial highway or having a chat with the locals. It’s all here in Tassie, the island at the edge of the world.