Tourism Tasmania values the privacy of individual's personal information. This Privacy Statement applies to your interactions with the Tassie Trade website and discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices as set out in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act 2004. These guidelines outline the requirements for transparent collection, appropriate and ethical use and secure storage of personal information and disclosure of personal information.
You can access our website home page and browse our site without disclosing personal information. Tourism Tasmania will only record an individual's email address and/or contact details if they send our site a message or if they subscribe to one of our newsletters or programs.
We will ensure that your personal information will not be used or disclosed to other state institutions and authorities except if required or allowed by law.
We may collect non-personal information in gathering statistical information on how our websites are used, or to assist you in navigating through our websites.
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This 'clickstream data' is recorded for statistical purposes only and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (eg: Internet Explorer):
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC etc)
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
This information is used for statistical purposes only. No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency (or other government agency) exercises a legal authority to inspect Internet Service Provider (ISP) logs (e.g. by warrant, subpoena or notice to produce).
Disposal of personal information
We will destroy personal information where it is no longer required (except where required to be kept in compliance with the Archives Act 1983). We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up to date whenever the Tasmanian Government discloses or uses it.
Collection of personal information
When you email us:
- we will record your email address
- we will only use your email address for the purpose for which you provided it
- it will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose
- we will not use your email address for any other purpose
- we will not disclose it without your consent.
Other personal information is collected by us when you subscribe to any subscription service on the Tassie Trade website. The contact information you provide, for example, your name and email address, will only be used for the purposes as outlined for this Service. Additional information is collected for statistical purposes only. This information is non-mandatory and will be:
- collected by lawful and fair means
- used for a lawful purpose, and
- collected with your consent.
This site does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information across the Internet. As an alternative, users are able to make comments and suggestions by writing to:
GPO Box 399
Hobart, Tasmania 7001
Links to other sites
We use Google Analytics and other third party remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages on this website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising on behalf of our travel partners. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. For those in Europe visit the EDAA opt out site at youronlinechoices.eu
Tourism Tasmania uses MailChimp to provide electronic newsletters to subscribers.
- when you access the Tourism Tasmania electronic newsletters
- your browser type and version
- your operating system and other similar information.
MailChimp will use the information collected from you for the purpose of hosting the online platform to enable Tourism Tasmania to create, send and manage electronic newsletters. MailChimp will also use this information to measure the performance of Tourism Tasmania's email campaigns.
MailChimp may transfer this information to its contractors or other third parties who process the information on MailChimp's behalf, or where otherwise required to do so by law.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and is subject to the laws of the USA. Your information (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
By signing up to electronic newsletters about visitor events, products and programs you:
- consent to your personal information being sent and stored overseas, and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will not apply to the use of the information
- acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) for any privacy breaches by MailChimp but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can unsubscribe from Tourism Tasmania's electronic newsletters at any time by selecting the "unsubscribe" option in every email sent to you by MailChimp.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the use of your personal data please contact email@example.com